Wednesday 1 February 2012

Meeting random guys


I´ve been thinking a lot about the matter I am gonna talk about. But I think, as sad as an experience can be, at least it can help to others to learn.

With the increase of the use of social networks, and mobile phone apps, it has increased the habit of meeting random people in different places. As flight attendant, I must admit I had few encounters in my hotel rooms and I know this is a common habit around the gay community with my coworkers too. After a case that has touched me close, I would like to raise the awareness of taking care when meeting random people in different places, even if they´re hotels.

Nick Aaronson was an amazing person. One of those guys I had the pleasure to meet when I worked in Qatar in2010. He was also a flight attendant, and after I left back to London, he left back to Phoenix to continue doing what he liked, flying. It sounds like a cliché, but I bet he was one of those guys who would never harm anyone. He even worked on the "No H8" campaign to fight for his rights as gay man. I still remember how smiley you were, my friend!

Without entering in many details. On a short layover in Mexico last october.Nick left the hotel to a gay bar at night and came back with a 20 year old guy to the room. The next day, when the crew reported for the flight, he was not there and he wouldn´t answer his room phone. Basically, he was found out dead(it´s hard for me to write more details) with his hands tied on his back.Apparently, the killer stole his iPhone and his cash.

Now, that made me wonder about things I´ve done before and things it could happen to me. Specially as I´ve tried bondage and S/M experiences with people I barely knew. Since I knew about Nick´s story, I often find myself in hotel rooms wondering about this matter, and remembering the images on the news (I post them here to raise awareness and so people can see what it can happen, but please respect Nick´s family´s pain). Video

If from now on you find yourself in the same situation, please, at least think twice on the options you have in minimising the risks. Always meet them in the lobby first so you can see what a feeling you get from the first meet. Do not let someone tie you up unless you know them and trust them. Text your best friends with your plans and things like this... there´s nothing wrong in taking measures. At least, think about it please. Of course you can´t controlsomeone´s thoughts or plans. But at least, you can minimise the risks of something like this to happen.


To my dearest Nick, wherever you are. Someone decided you to take your life away. But no one will ever take you out of our hearts.

To all my fetish and kinky friends. Please, think bout your options always. Anddon´t go with anyone if you have a bad feeling of him. Human being is a very powerful machine and it´s giving you a sign.
Other than that, enjoy responsibly sexy Pervs! Hugs wherever you are Nick, and Anita, Nick´s mum and all their family!

2 comments:

  1. It's a sad story but needed to be told. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fired up stud.....my best friend is with british airways , and I worry about all my brothers,and sisters safety .... I've been shy about a sex based profile/ I love gear but life is also about heart and being real. Wish they had a place for that in our stats! Thanks for sharing a hard memory to share !! I'm so sorry for their family and friends ,your instincts and heart is an important part of being a man under hot gear.......thanks again for leading with intelligence ,and compassion . Trenton

    ReplyDelete