Monday 23 January 2012

Antwerp Leatherpride day one

Wow! Antwerp leather pride has left me a very sweet taste inside. I'm on the train to London at the moment. Just leaving Brussels and I can't stop thinking of the amazing weekend I've experienced.

On Saturday, when I arrived, I had already planned to meet Alexi Carpientieri, Mr Leather Europe 2011, for a little tour around the city just before the parties. He would then mark positively my entire visit to Belgium with his funny personality. We walked around antwerp and went to have dinner together. And I had a little chance to know him a bit more.

That evening, together with other sash holders, we interviewed the only 2 aspirants to hold Mr Leather Belgium 2012 tittle. They both did it very well, and it reminded me how nervous I was 6 weeks ago.

Right on a side, with that little grin on his face, there he was, Daniel Dumont, president of the ECMC. I had been chatting with him a lot, even before I knew who he was and of course before my nomination as Mr Leather. It was very nice to finally meet him. There's someone about him, that I'd feel throughout the weekend, that spreads serenity or calm. One of those people that inspires things without saying a word.

One of the moment I was most excited about and most nervous, was meeting Eric Gutierrez, current International Mr Leather. I heard lots of him through friends in London, Spain and some future IML brothers, who met him at MAL. Through the weekend I could see how loved he is in the leather community. Which made me wonder how amazing is being part of it.

Then, together with Alexi, we headed to my hotel, we had few drinks while I was getting ready for the night and listened nice music too (wink).

The first night at Petrol, was my introductory night. I had chatted to lots of the people I met there, but actually never met them personally. I think I had never taken more pictures in such a short time. The atmosphere was amazing. Finally, I had the chance to meet lots of brothers like Mr Bavarian leather 2011, Mr leather Germany 2011, Mr Leather Poland (who by a chance, would become our official photographer) and many more. It was very nice the atmosphere we built there.

Already that night, I decided I should come here every year. As, so far, it's been the leather party where I had most fun in my life. But, as lots of people would tell me, there will be lots to come...

1 comment:

  1. Antwerp is an amazing city and I remember coming out of the Central station and seeing the fantastic plaza for the first time. I must get back there sometime soon. Meeting other leathermen whom you heard about so much but never met in the flesh must have blown your mind, it sure would mine.
    I dream of the day I could be in your boots, living all my deepest fantasies as a leatherman.
    I love following you step by step through the experience and can't wait for the next post.

    Stand Tall and walk proud my fetish brother ;-P
    Steve

    ReplyDelete